This safe and nuturing massage relieves the stress and tension placed on a woman's body from the changes occurring during pregnancy. This massage is performed by a Registered Massage Therapist and is safe to so throughout all three trimesters. Enjoy a full body massage or focus on a few specific areas as you take some time out for yourself during this special time in your life.
Since you are unable to lie on your belly, body pillows are used in the massage to allow you to lie on both sides in order to have your back and legs massaged.
Some of the benefits of prenatal massage include:
- relaxation and decreased insomnia;
- stress relief on weight-bearing joints, such as ankles, lower back and pelvis;
- neck and back pain relief caused by muscle imbalance and weakness;
- assistance in maintaining proper posture;
- preparing the muscles used during childbirth;
- reduced swelling in hands and feet;
- lessened sciatic pain;
- fewer calf cramps;
- headache and sinus congestion relief.
30 minute massage ............................. $50
60 minute massage ............................. $80
*Our massage therapists are registered through the Natural Health Practitioners of Canada (NHPC). If you have insurance coverage for massage therapies please check with your provider prior to your appointment to determine if they will cover your desired service and ask how many hours training the massage therapist is required to have as some insurance companies do require your therapist to have 2200 hours.