Myofascial cupping is a modern twist on ancient cupping techniques. It is a form of myofascial release. With myofascial cupping the cup can be moved while the suction of the skin is active, causing a regional pulling of the skin, muscle and fascia. The benefits are:
- Increased range of motion by passively stretching the tissue
- An increase in nutrient rich blood supply and heat to the area being treated
- Increased fluid movement to the tissue assisting in recovery
- Decrease in scar tissue
- Reduction in muscle trigger points
- Reduction in fascial adhesions
- Rehydration of the fascia
- Reduction in muscle firing causing muscle RELAXATION
- Decrease in nervous system firing causing FULL BODY RELAXATION
- Relief of pain!
Oil is applied during treatment in order to allow easy movement of the cups along the skin, making myofascial cupping different from typical myofascial release treatments where no oil is used. This makes cupping a great addition to your regular massage treatments!
Myofascial cupping can be used throughout the body; in fact the only areas that cannot be cupped are areas where there is a concentration of superficial veins such as the back of the forearm or the front of the neck.
Persons who may benefit the most from cupping are those with chronic pain, fascial restrictions such as iliotibial band syndrome, scar tissue from old injuries or surgeries and athletes. Cupping is for anybody and can be used on its own or easily incorporated into your next massage treatment!
30 minute treatment ............................................ $50
60 minute treatment ............................................ $80
Hannah Luft - Reflexologist, Acupressure Therapist & Reiki Master
*Some insurance companies may not cover this type of massage as Hannah is not a registered as a massage therapist.