Mantra Mediation is a form of Yoga referred to as “Nada Yoga” – the yoga of sound.
Mantras are a powerful combination of sacred syllables. They are different from prayer as they are the embodiment of a particular form of consciousness (also called “shakti”). They are a precise combination of words and sounds. When mantras are chanted in the way they were originally meant to, with the proper pronunciation and intonation, they can benefit the chanter and the listener in many ways, even if the chanter does not know the meaning of the mantras.
Chanting or listening to mantras can be a beneficial practice to:
- Heal the body;
- Deal with stress and worry patterns in a constructive way;
- Create a deep feeling of peace and joy;
- Increase concentration;
- It can be a form of meditation in which one tunes in to one’s highest potential.
- These are only a few examples of the many benefits of Mantra Meditation.
During the Mantra Meditations offered at the Divine Mine we will:
- Practice chanting of various “easy-to-follow” mantras with clear instructions on pronunciation;
- provide a handout with the mantras chanted each evening;
- support the Mantra Mediation practice with live music.
NO previous experience in meditation or chanting/ singing is required.
Facilitators: Sanghavasini & Guests
Please call 403-279-9555 to reserve your spot at the south location. We do require that you register for our events so that we may prepare for the number of attendants as well as we know who to call should any changes have to occur to the event - thank you!